Heart of England Forest #treesfortrees campaign
Get your pencils, pens, crayons, cameras and smart phones out and start generating tree pictures to share with us because the Heart of England Forest needs your help to plant a forest in a day.
The Heart of England Forest - Plant a Forest in a Day #treesfortrees event
How It Works
You may submit as many different photos and pictures of trees as you wish. Pictures don’t have to be of a tree – we want images of whatever a tree means to you. For each image we receive we’ll plant a tree for you on the 2nd November 2015. If we get more than 10,000 entries? We’ll do our absolute best to plant a tree for every image received and accepted by 23.59 2nd November 2015 and you can watch the progress of our virtual forest at www.treesfortrees.co.uk
One lucky participant will be selected at random to name the forested area!
How to Enter
- Share your photos, pictures or images between Monday 26th October 2015 and 23.59 on Monday 2nd November 2015 on
Twitter using @The_HOEF and #treesfortrees, on the #treesfortrees post of our Facebook page at facebook.com/heartofenglandforest
or upload to Instagram using #treesfortrees or email to email@example.com
- If you are using Instagram or Twitter, please adjust your privacy settings so that we can see your entry and contact you if you are the lucky winner.
- For every image received which is deemed to be appropriately tree-related and is placed within our virtual forest on www.treesfortrees.co.uk a physical tree will be planted for you on 2nd November 2015 as we aim to plant a forest in a day.
Naming the forest terms and conditions
The prize promotion is open to all UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over, except for anyone directly connected with the planning or administration of the prize promotion (including The Heart of England Forest Ltd, Dennis Publishing employees and their immediate families). Please note that entries from outside the UK will have a tree planted for them but are not eligible to name the forest.
- Upload your photo/image to either:
If you are using Instagram or Twitter, please do not enter from a private/locked account so that we can see your entry and contact you if you are the lucky winner.
- Twitter using @The_HOEF and use #treesfortrees
- post on the treesfortrees post of our Facebook page at facebook.com/heartofenglandforest
- or upload to Instagram using #treesfortrees
- or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for the receipt of all entries is 23.59 2nd November 2015.
Although we’ll only be planting trees until 18.00 2nd November 2015, if you submit an image between 18.01 and 23.59, your entry will still go into the draw and we will plant an additional tree for you at a later date.
- You may submit as many different photos, images and pictures as you wish. Pictures don’t have to be of a tree – we want images of whatever a tree means to you - your submitted images will be placed within our virtual forest on www.treesfortrees.co.uk. All images that you submit will be entered into the prize draw.
- Please do not submit imagery that does not belong to you or that is taken from the Internet. Please ask permission from anyone featured in your photos. All entries must be your original work and must not be subject to any third party rights or claim. We will not be held responsible for infringement on the copyright, moral rights, rights of privacy of any person depicted in the photo or film, or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- Any photos or images that we consider (in our absolute discretion) to be vulgar, offensive, indecent, racist, copied, offensive, cruel or fraudulent, or infringe on the rights or others will be immediately removed.
- Any entries that are incomplete, corrupt, delayed, wrongly delivered, or not received for whatever reason will not be accepted.
- One lucky participant will be selected at random from all eligible entries received by 23.59 2nd November 2015.
- If you are the lucky winner, you will be contacted by email or direct message on the social media platform from which you entered by 18.00 Monday 16th November 2015. If you entered via Facebook, please note that your notification might go into your ‘other’ inbox and may come from a third-party. If you entered by Twitter but are not following us, we will tweet you requesting that you follow us so we can send you a Direct Message.
- Details of the winner will also be announced on www.treesfortrees.co.uk
- If we cannot contact the winner via the account provided at entry within 14 days, or the winner does not respond to our request to follow @ The_HOEF the prize will be redrawn and awarded to a new winner.
- The winner will be invited to name the area of the forest planted. The name will be agreed in advance with the Trustees of the Heart of England Forest before the naming board is produced and positioned. If you are the winner, you will be invited to travel to the forest on a mutually convenient date to take a short guided tour and visit your forest and naming board. The Heart of England Forest will contribute expenses, agreed in advance, subject to a maximum of £250 in total.
- We reserve the right to verify the winner and ask for proof of identity, age and address and that they are the registered user associated with the winning notification and the owner of the original entry. Please retain your original entry for this purpose.
- If you are the winner, you agree to the use of their name, photograph, entry and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by The Heart of England Forest relating to any post-winning publicity, with no further recompense, to enable the Heart of England Forest to drive further awareness of the lack of native woodland cover in England.
- The prize is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternative will be offered.
- We reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside our control make this necessary.
- The entry instructions form part of the rules. By entering, you agree to accept and be bound by the rules.
- Copyright in all material submitted as entries rests with the contributor. In entering this promotion, you grant the promoter a licence to use your entry for any purpose in connection with this promotion.
- If you would like to know the name of the winners please send an email to email@example.com within 3 months of the closing date.
- We reserve the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion for whatever reason, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but if this happens we will, of course, use all reasonable endeavours to avoid disappointment.
- The promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The application and interpretation of these terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute concerning them.
- The promoter is : The Heart of England Forest Ltd, registered by the Charity Commission for England and Wales (no. 1097110) and a company limited by guarantee in England (no. 04309564) whose registered office is 9-11 Kingly Street, London W1B 5PN.